The current ornate wood carved alter was purchased by Father Michael Fennell in the 1920's. It is framed with a multi-plane ceiling that has a general gambrel shape. During the 2000 restoration project, the altar was repainted by Beth Myer.
The original altar in 1883 with Father Henry Clavruel
The altar in the 1920s
The Altar today
The sculpture of the Last Supper on the front of the altar was restored by Trisch Broach in 2000.
During the 1930’s restoration project, the chancery at the base of the altar was raised and the sanctuary’s original pine floor was replaced with a new oak floor trimmed with dark walnut inlaid. The simple turned-post communion rail was replaced with an elegant rail from Immaculate Conception Church.